Status: In stock
- Mature Plant Size (H x W): 8-10' x 6-8'
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
- Salt Tolerant
- Walnut Toxicity Resistant
- Edible to People
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Pollinators
Special Features & Videos for Serviceberry Shrubs
Special Plant Features & Tips
- The Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry is an excellent shrub with multi-season interest.
- It has very showy white flowers that precede to a purplish edible fruit in June.
- The excellent glossy blue-green leaves turn brilliant red-orange in fall, complimented by nice and smooth gray-colored stems.
- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. Tolerant of a somewhat wide range of soils but prefers moist, well-drained loams.
- Root suckers are common, and if not removed, will result in a shrubby growth habit for the plant.
- Berries resemble blueberries in taste and may be used in jams, jellies, and pies.
- Great plant for bird gardens (birds love the berries)!
- Prune your serviceberries once a year in late winter or early spring before new leaves emerge. Remove dead, diseased or crossing branches. Leave plenty of the previous year’s growth (the plants flower on this wood).
Planting & Handling Help
Download our Planting and Handling Guide below to plan for a successful arrival and install of your plants. Be sure to water all plants as soon as they arrive and every day until you’re ready to plant. Keep any bare root bundles in a shady, cool spot with the roots covered at all times.
Watch our videos on handling bare root plants, how your order is prepared for shipment and more.
What is the difference between Containers, Grow Bags, Bare Root, and Balled & Burlap (B&B)?
Our FedEx and local shipping times depend on two factors, one is by the region and the second is the type of product being shipped. For example, small fruits are only shipped in spring, but majority of our perennials are shipped from spring until fall. Keep in mind the dates below act as a general guide. Due to unpredictable weather, staffing, inventory and industry demands these timelines can change. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any of these times.
Shipping Dates by Region*
Northern Cold Region: April 22nd - November 7th
Northern Region: April 15th - November 7th
Middle Region: April 1st - November 7th
Southern Region: March 15th - November 7th
Local Delivery (small radius from Waterloo, WI): April 22nd - November 7th
Shipping Dates by Season*
Spring Shipping: Region Start Date (above) - May
Fall Shipping: September - November
Due to unpredictable weather, these times may vary. Some varieties are exceptions due to heat and plant health reasons. Enter your shipping zip code at the top of this page and be sure to check the shipping information on each product before you add it to your cart. If the product is too large or restricted in your state, you will not be able to checkout with that item in your cart.