Mixed Cultivar Sedum (Flats)
Status: Out of stock
- Mature Plant Size (H x W): 8-12"
Planting & Care for Mixed Sedum Plants
- They prefer full sun.
- Plant in rock gardens, walls, pathway niches, and containers; as edging for borders; or in sweeps on hillsides.
- They like poor or average well-draining garden soil.
- No supplemental watering is needed once they are established.
- They will not survive standing water for any length of time.
- Mixed Sedum mats can be planted in March.
- Water plants thoroughly a few hours before planting.
- Eliminate all weeds and grass from the area before planting.
- Place in the hole so that the plant will grow at the same soil level as it did in the pot.
- Spread the roots and backfill with the soil that was removed from the hole.
- Press the plant gently into place.
Pruning - After Planting
- No pruning is needed
Pruning - Through-out the Season
- No pruning is needed
Watering – After Planting
- Water plants thoroughly after planting to settle the soil.
- Maintain even soil moisture until the plants resume vigorous growth - usually in one to two growing seasons.
Planting & Handling Help
Download our Planting and Handling Guide below to plan for a successful arrival and install of your plants. Be sure to water all plants as soon as they arrive and every day until you’re ready to plant. Keep any bare root bundles in a shady, cool spot with the roots covered at all times.
Watch our videos on handling bare root plants, how your order is prepared for shipment and more.
What is the difference between Containers, Grow Bags, Bare Root, and Balled & Burlap (B&B)?
Our FedEx and local shipping times depend on two factors, one is by the region and the second is the type of product being shipped. For example, small fruits are only shipped in spring, but majority of our perennials are shipped from spring until fall. Keep in mind the dates below act as a general guide. Due to unpredictable weather, staffing, inventory and industry demands these timelines can change. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any of these times.
Shipping Dates by Region*
Northern Cold Region: April 22nd - November 7th
Northern Region: April 15th - November 7th
Middle Region: April 1st - November 7th
Southern Region: March 15th - November 7th
Local Delivery (small radius from Waterloo, WI): April 22nd - November 7th
Shipping Dates by Season*
Spring Shipping: Region Start Date (above) - May
Fall Shipping: September - November
Due to unpredictable weather, these times may vary. Some varieties are exceptions due to heat and plant health reasons. Enter your shipping zip code at the top of this page and be sure to check the shipping information on each product before you add it to your cart. If the product is too large or restricted in your state, you will not be able to checkout with that item in your cart.